CANADA: Sobeys records Q1 profit increase
- Net profit reaches C$97m
- Operating income up to C$156.3m
- Sales edge up 10%
Canadian retailer Sobeys has today (13 September) booked an increase in first-quarter profist.
In the 13 weeks ended 4 August, net profit climbed to C$97m (US$99.5m) from C$81.6m in the prior year period.
Operating income amounted to C$156.3m versus C$135.4m last year, parent company Empire reported today (13 September).
Net sales increaseed 10% to C$4.51bn, while same-store sales rose 1.8%.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti