CANADA: Sobeys reports 55% increase in operating earnings in 2002
Stellarton, NS-based Sobeys, Canada's second largest retail grocer and food distributor, has reported record operating earnings of C$141.7m for the year ended 4 May 2002, a 55% increase over the previous year's C$91.2m. Included in FY 2002 operating earnings are earnings from discontinued SERCA Foodservice operations for the 11 months ended 30 March 2002, of US$14m, compared with US$16.2m for FY 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses