CANADA: Sobeys reports 55% increase in operating earnings in 2002
Stellarton, NS-based Sobeys, Canada's second largest retail grocer and food distributor, has reported record operating earnings of C$141.7m for the year ended 4 May 2002, a 55% increase over the previous year's C$91.2m. Included in FY 2002 operating earnings are earnings from discontinued SERCA Foodservice operations for the 11 months ended 30 March 2002, of US$14m, compared with US$16.2m for FY 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations