CANADA: Sobeys reports 55% increase in operating earnings in 2002
Stellarton, NS-based Sobeys, Canada's second largest retail grocer and food distributor, has reported record operating earnings of C$141.7m for the year ended 4 May 2002, a 55% increase over the previous year's C$91.2m. Included in FY 2002 operating earnings are earnings from discontinued SERCA Foodservice operations for the 11 months ended 30 March 2002, of US$14m, compared with US$16.2m for FY 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega