CANADA: Sobeys to sell stores to gain Safeway deal OK
Sobeys and Safeway expect deal to formally close next month
Sobeys will offload a mix of its own stores - run under its namesake, IGA and Thrifty Stores banners - as well as Safeway outlets.
The C$5.8bn deal was announced in June. It saw Sobeys take on 213 grocery outlets run under the Safeway banner in western Canada, as well as other assets including 12 manufacturing plants and four distribution centres.
Changing consumer behaviour is having a transformational impact on the US food and food retail sectors, as consumers alter where they shop and what they buy. The growing popularity of non-traditional ...
Whole Foods Market is to buy four stores from local US retailer New Frontiers Natural Marketplace....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action