FRANCE: Sodiaal, Synutra sign investment deal
The deal will see the two firms invest EUR100m (US$131.4m) in the project for a milk-drying plant and lactoserum unit.
The project will involve the construction of two drying towers, one for milk and one for whey, which are expected to be operational by early 2015.
Synutra will invest EUR90 in the project, with Sodiaal allocating EUR10m for the set up of equipment and demineralization of whey.
The investment, initiated by Synutra's dairy unit, Eurosérum Synutra, follows a similar one made by the company of between EUR65m and EUR80m in February last year for the construction of a production plant, also in Brittany.
French dairy group Candia has named former Bakkavor and Bonduelle executive Giampaolo Schiratti as its new CEO....
French co-operatives Agrial and Eurial have announced a merger of their dairy activities....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits