FRANCE: Sodiaal, Synutra sign investment deal
The deal will see the two firms invest EUR100m (US$131.4m) in the project for a milk-drying plant and lactoserum unit.
The project will involve the construction of two drying towers, one for milk and one for whey, which are expected to be operational by early 2015.
Synutra will invest EUR90 in the project, with Sodiaal allocating EUR10m for the set up of equipment and demineralization of whey.
The investment, initiated by Synutra's dairy unit, Eurosérum Synutra, follows a similar one made by the company of between EUR65m and EUR80m in February last year for the construction of a production plant, also in Brittany.
French dairy group Candia has named former Bakkavor and Bonduelle executive Giampaolo Schiratti as its new CEO....
French co-operatives Agrial and Eurial have announced a merger of their dairy activities....
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets