FRANCE: Sodiaal's Candia to close three milk plants
Candia, a subsidiary of French milk co-operative Sodiaal, plans to close three of its eight milk packing plants.
Candia said it will enter into consultation with employees, having submitted the proposal to staff representatives. The move will impact 313 workers at its facilities in Lude, Saint-Yorre and Villefranche-sur-Saone, who will be offered alternative employment at other sites.
Candia said it aims to make the company's milk production "sustainable" by consolidating its manufacturing base. "Every year sees [Candia's] competitiveness deteriorate in the face European competition," the company warned.
The reorganisation is expected to come into effect in 2014.
The members of the Fromagerie de Blâmont (FdB) co-operative in eastern France, have voted in favour of merging its activities with those of Sodiaal....
Dairy in Taiwan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptions...
Sodiaal-owned Entremont has launched a range of cheese balls for the French market named Apéro cheese....
Dairy in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptions...
- How Windsor buy is part of Ajinomoto's global push
- Focus: Fonterra's bid to weather dairy volatility
- On the money: Diamond's faith in on-trend range
- Dairy in India: No quick win for multinationals
- Dairy in India: How to win over Indian consumers
- Nestle forms new unit to "leverage scale"
- Kerry, Premier team up on frozen NPD in UK
- Nestle sells baby food brands Alete, Milasan
- PepsiCo eyes Middle East growth with R&D centre
- Aryzta profits rise on M&A