FRANCE: Sodiaal's Candia to close three milk plants
Candia, a subsidiary of French milk co-operative Sodiaal, plans to close three of its eight milk packing plants.
Candia said it will enter into consultation with employees, having submitted the proposal to staff representatives. The move will impact 313 workers at its facilities in Lude, Saint-Yorre and Villefranche-sur-Saone, who will be offered alternative employment at other sites.
Candia said it aims to make the company's milk production "sustainable" by consolidating its manufacturing base. "Every year sees [Candia's] competitiveness deteriorate in the face European competition," the company warned.
The reorganisation is expected to come into effect in 2014.
The members of the Fromagerie de Blâmont (FdB) co-operative in eastern France, have voted in favour of merging its activities with those of Sodiaal....
Dairy in Taiwan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptions...
Sodiaal-owned Entremont has launched a range of cheese balls for the French market named Apéro cheese....
Dairy in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptions...
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's