UK: Soil Association announces Organic Food Award results 2000
The winners of the Soil Association's Organic Food Awards, in association with the Mail on Sunday's You Magazine, will be announced on Friday 3 November at a special lunch at Conran's Great Eastern Hotel in London. Now in its fourteenth year the awards represent the best organic products and producers in the UK in an increasingly competitive market.Jonathan Dimbleby, President of the Soil Association will introduce the winners to Monty Don, Channel 4's exclusive Gardening Expert and author of Fork to Fork, who will present the awards. There are 19 different product categories from fresh meat to baby food and six special awards including individual achievements, best producer, retailer and box schemes.A team of 41 juudges including Sophie Grigson, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Lynda Brown, Antony Worrall-Thompson, and Patricia Gallimore (who plays Pat Archer in BBC Radio $'s farming soap 'The Archers'), have between them tasted and supped a total of 740 product entries and visited organic shops and farms and length and breadth of the country.Sales of organic food continues to grow 40% year on year and the market in the UK is predicted to be worth £764 million this year. Over 70% of organic food imported to meet demand and the Soil Association is campaigned to increase the amount of agricultural land farmed organically in the UK from 2.5% to 30% by 2010.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review