PUERTO RICO: Sole remaining tuna processing plant saved from closure
Mayaguez-based Bumble Bee, Puerto Rico's last surviving tuna processing plant, has been saved from closure. El Nueva Dia reports that a measure passed by the US congress will maintain tariffs on tuna shipped to the US from Andean nations. Puerto Rico's Resident Commissioner in Washington, Anibal Acevedo Vila, was able to confirm the good news for the island's remaining tuna processing staff.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife