PUERTO RICO: Sole remaining tuna processing plant saved from closure
Mayaguez-based Bumble Bee, Puerto Rico's last surviving tuna processing plant, has been saved from closure. El Nueva Dia reports that a measure passed by the US congress will maintain tariffs on tuna shipped to the US from Andean nations. Puerto Rico's Resident Commissioner in Washington, Anibal Acevedo Vila, was able to confirm the good news for the island's remaining tuna processing staff.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail