UK: Somerfield and Kwik Save switch to biodegradable bag suppliers
British supermarket chain Somerfield, and its discount subsidiary Kwik Save, are to switch suppliers for its plastic bags in a deal worth more than £4.3m (US$6.6m). Degradable carrier-bag manufacturer Symphony Plastic Technologies has won the supply contract, whichs run for 12 to 15 months and starts later this year. Between them, Somerfield and Kwik Save operate more than 1,300 stores nationwide.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin