UK: Somerfield and Kwik Save switch to biodegradable bag suppliers
British supermarket chain Somerfield, and its discount subsidiary Kwik Save, are to switch suppliers for its plastic bags in a deal worth more than £4.3m (US$6.6m). Degradable carrier-bag manufacturer Symphony Plastic Technologies has won the supply contract, whichs run for 12 to 15 months and starts later this year. Between them, Somerfield and Kwik Save operate more than 1,300 stores nationwide.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth