UK: Somerfield gives customers £0.5 billion in discounts
Somerfield today turns up the heat in the supermarket price war by launching one of the largest ever on-going price promotions, investing £0.5 billion in discounted products in the first 12 months alone. Recently Asda announced it was reducing prices by £52 million over the first 80 days of 2001 and Tesco said it would cut £70 million off a range of products. Megadeals, however, will give shoppers £26 million in savings in the first two weeks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti