UK: Somerfield gives customers £0.5 billion in discounts
Somerfield today turns up the heat in the supermarket price war by launching one of the largest ever on-going price promotions, investing £0.5 billion in discounted products in the first 12 months alone. Recently Asda announced it was reducing prices by £52 million over the first 80 days of 2001 and Tesco said it would cut £70 million off a range of products. Megadeals, however, will give shoppers £26 million in savings in the first two weeks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs