UK: Somerfield says pre-tax profits in line with expectations
UK supermarket group Somerfield told investors earlier today that pre-tax profits for the first half of this financial year are in line with expectations. The group revealed that strong same-store sales were driven in Somerfield outlets during the start of the period by aggressive promotions. These were, however, costly affairs and since then management has scaled back the promotional offer in a bid to regain the cash margin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat