UK: Somerfield says pre-tax profits in line with expectations
UK supermarket group Somerfield told investors earlier today that pre-tax profits for the first half of this financial year are in line with expectations. The group revealed that strong same-store sales were driven in Somerfield outlets during the start of the period by aggressive promotions. These were, however, costly affairs and since then management has scaled back the promotional offer in a bid to regain the cash margin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth