UK: Somerfield sees "satisfactory" unaudited full year sales growth
UK grocery chain Somerfield has posted a "satisfactory" unaudited trading outcome for the year ended 27 April 2002, which the group sayis is in line with the board's recovery plans. Profit before taxation excluding exceptional items is expected to be in line with market expectations. Somerfield's like for like sales growth for the full year was 1.4%. In the H2 of the financial year, like-for-like sales growth was 0.1%. Notwithstanding the figures in the H2, a significant proportion of the group's expected trading profit growth will have come from Somerfield due to the re-balancing of promotions resulting in improved earnings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020