UK: Somerfield sees "satisfactory" unaudited full year sales growth
UK grocery chain Somerfield has posted a "satisfactory" unaudited trading outcome for the year ended 27 April 2002, which the group sayis is in line with the board's recovery plans. Profit before taxation excluding exceptional items is expected to be in line with market expectations. Somerfield's like for like sales growth for the full year was 1.4%. In the H2 of the financial year, like-for-like sales growth was 0.1%. Notwithstanding the figures in the H2, a significant proportion of the group's expected trading profit growth will have come from Somerfield due to the re-balancing of promotions resulting in improved earnings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review