UK: Somerfield to relaunch own-label 'Basics' range
UK retailer Somerfield is to overhaul its 'Basics' range of own-label products. The range will be renamed 'Makes Sense' and the number of products in the range will be cut from 200 to 115, reports Retail Week. The tweaked range will go on the shelves next month. A Somerfield spokesman said: "We have been putting a lot of effort and investment into our own-brand ranges. We have reworked our Italian, Chinese and Good Intentions brands of late. Basics was left on the side, but it is a key part of the business and pulls in a lot of money. We've stripped the range down because we wanted to focus on the main items that customers buy."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review