USA: Sonic Corp to open more outlets than McDonald's during 2001
Drive-thru fastfood chain Sonic Corp has revealed that this year it will open a record number of new outlets, more than its sector rival McDonalds . Despite the delays in construction of the first of the new outlets, caused by bad weather conditions, Sonic still plans to create an extra 190-200 stores by the end of this year. Meanwhile, McDonald's will open only 175 new units across the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Equistone puts Whitworths up for sale