USA: Sonic Corp to open more outlets than McDonald's during 2001
Drive-thru fastfood chain Sonic Corp has revealed that this year it will open a record number of new outlets, more than its sector rival McDonalds . Despite the delays in construction of the first of the new outlets, caused by bad weather conditions, Sonic still plans to create an extra 190-200 stores by the end of this year. Meanwhile, McDonald's will open only 175 new units across the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant