USA: Sonic Corp to open more outlets than McDonald's during 2001
Drive-thru fastfood chain Sonic Corp has revealed that this year it will open a record number of new outlets, more than its sector rival McDonalds . Despite the delays in construction of the first of the new outlets, caused by bad weather conditions, Sonic still plans to create an extra 190-200 stores by the end of this year. Meanwhile, McDonald's will open only 175 new units across the US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth