MEXICO: Soriana Q2 profits lower
Retailer Soriana has posted a reduced second quarter profit after facing increased competition from Wal-Mart in Mexico, the Reuters news agency reported.
Its reported quarterly net profit was 455m pesos (US$42m). A company spokesman said the year-ago net profit was 494m.
Companies: Wal-Mart Stores
It's easier talking to your customers if you speak their language. With millions of speakers of minority languages around the world, food processors and retailers need to be able to communicate with t...
US retailer Wal-Mart Stores Inc. plans to open 12 to 15 new stores in China this year according to the president of its international business, reports the Xinhua news agency....
Wal-Mart International chief John Menzer has met Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh and commerce minister Kamal Nath to lobby for permission to enter India's tightly-controlled retailing sector, the...
US retail titan Wal-Mart has reported record sales and earnings for the first quarter but said its results were lower than expected due to higher petrol prices and bad weather....
Wal-Mart Germany has cut prices of more than a thousand articles in its stores, some of them by over 20%....
Not content with pocketing one in every three pounds spent on groceries in the UK, the supermarket giant Tesco has now become the first British retailer to smash the £2 bn ($3.78bn) profit barrier. Ho...
US retail giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc, says it will open two outlets in Beijing this year, and at least one more store next year, according to an Asia Pulse report....
Overall US produce sales are soaring, but supermarkets are still losing market share to Wal-Mart, according to government figures....
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO