SPAIN: SOS narrows nine-month losses
Spanish food group SOS Corporacion Alimentaria narrowed its losses in the first nine months of the year.
For the period to the end of September, the olive-oil bottler said losses before taxes narrowed to EUR10.7m (US$14.5m) from a loss of EUR134.1m a year earlier.
Turnover however, slid 12.9% to EUR961m EUR1.06bn in the comparable period last year.
EBITDA climbed to EUR75.8m from a loss of EUR12.9m in the prior-year period.
Despite this, the firm said it managed to reduce its net financial debt in the period to EUR110m.
Click here to view the full earnings release.
Spanish olive oil and rice producer SOS Corporacion Alimentaria swung into profit during the first quarter of this year, despite declining sales....
Ebro Foods has completed its purchase of the rice business of SOS Corporacion Alimentaria for EUR205m (US$288.4m)....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units