SPAIN: SOS plans lawsuit; names CEO
Olive oil maker Grupo SOS is to take legal action against former company executives found to have used a company loan to buy shares.
SOS, the company behind Carbonell and Bertolli olive oil, announced its plans today (21 May), while also naming former Leche Pascual executive Jose Manuel Muriel as its new CEO.
The group has been shaken after a share scandal led to the departure of its chairman and CEO. Ex-chairman Jesús Salazar and former CEO Jaime Salazar used a loan from the business to buy company shares.
The Salazars, who are major shareholders in SOS, then planned to sell the stock to an Arab sovereign wealth fund through a holding company called Condor Plus, a move that had not been approved by the SOS board.
"The board has given the green light to start the legal actions deemed after the audit by KPMG into the referred dealings," SOS said.
Muriel will join SOS from Spanish car maker Santana Motor. His career includes positions at General Motors and the dairy firm Leche Pascual.
From the plain-speaking boss of US organic food group Hain Celestial to an ambitious Kerry Group chief executive and the cautious optimism of the chief of Australia's largest retailer Woolworths Ltd, ...
SOS Corporación Alimentaria, the Spanish food group behind Bertolli olive oil, has said current market conditions mean it is not seeking a listing in Italy....
Bertolli olive oil maker SOS Corporación Alimentaria has booked a half-year loss of almost EUR62m (US$88.1m) as financial charges hit the company's bottom line....
Spanish food group SOS Corporación Alimentaria has shaken up its management structure and appointed consultants Accenture to help drive efficiency throughout the business....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review