SPAIN/JAPAN: SOS signs distribution deal for Bertolli
Spanish food group SOS Corporacion Alimentaria has struck a distribution deal for its Bertolli olive oil brand in Japan.
SOS said today (27 July) that importer Japan Europe Trading Co. (JET) would handle Bertolli to strengthen the brand's presence in the retail and foodservice channels.
"JET is an importer of high-end Italian brands, recognised by the trade and by the Japanese consumer," SOS said.
"Supporting that distribution, JET participates in activities to promote Mediterranean cuisine, such as haute cuisine courses. As a result of the partnership with JET, Bertolli will in the coming months host several cooking seminars for professionals in major cities."
Japan imports 30,000 tonnes of olive oil each year, the company added, making the country the largest in the Asia-Pacific region for the product and the third-largest worldwide.
SOS has a 12% share of the Japanese olive oil category, through Bertolli, Carbonell and Carapelli.
Companies: SOS Corporacion Alimentaria
The North American operating arm of US agribusiness giant Bunge is to buy the rice milling business of Pacific International Rice Mills, a subsidiary of brewing giant Anheuser-Busch....
Spanish food group SOS Corporacion Alimentaria narrowed its losses in the first nine months of the year....
Spanish olive oil co-op Hojiblanca hopes to buy as much as EUR200m worth of shares in Spanish food group SOS Corporacion Alimentaria while widely-expected bidder Portugal's Sovena has dropped out of t...
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units