USA: SourcingDirect.com Partners with SafeNet Consulting to Create an Online Agribusiness Exchange
SourcingDirect.com of Eden Prairie, Minnesota, announced that it has released its online digital cash commodity additives and ingredients trading exchange for immediate operation. The system's design was the result of 25 years of first-hand trading experienced by its co-founders. The company partnered with SafeNet Consulting of Minnetonka, Minnesota, to create an advanced architecture that allows it to fulfill the unique trading requirements of the food, feed and petfood additives and ingredients marketplace. In 1999, the FDA estimated the domestic agribusiness marketplace to be between $750 billion and $1 trillion. The food, feed and petfood additives and ingredients sector of this market is estimated to be between $50 and $100 billion annually. A majority of these products are bought and sold through brokers and traders who charge a fee for their services. SourcingDirect.com's system allows its customers to conduct business online and save up to 80% of the fees traditionally charged. The company selected SafeNet Consulting as its development partner in the fall of 1999 to create a core engine and integrated feature set. "We chose them over all the other organizations we interviewed because they presented the strongest combination of Internet talent and knowledge of agribusiness," said John Bowlsby, co-founder and CEO of SourcingDirect.com. "We established a number of development criteria and benchmarks to make the exchange not only powerful but easy to navigate. With SafeNet's leadership, we were able to meet and exceed our product design and benchmark plan and bring the product to market on schedule," said Bowlsby. SourcingDirect.com's product is initially targeted at the domestic feed mill and petfood cash commodity marketplace. Products available on the exchange will continue to be broadened over the next few months and international trading is scheduled to commence in early summer 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review