UK: South Africa’s Bidvest mulls buyout of Brake Brothers
The UK's largest supplier of frozen food to restaurants, Brake Brothers, could be facing a takeover bid from South African service and investment group Bidvest. Already running foodservice units in Australia, South Africa and the UK, Bidvest made a formal submission to the Office of Fair Trading yesterday [Monday] to obtain consent for the potential deal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast