UK: South Africa’s Bidvest mulls buyout of Brake Brothers
The UK's largest supplier of frozen food to restaurants, Brake Brothers, could be facing a takeover bid from South African service and investment group Bidvest. Already running foodservice units in Australia, South Africa and the UK, Bidvest made a formal submission to the Office of Fair Trading yesterday [Monday] to obtain consent for the potential deal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever