AUSTRALIA: South Johnstone highlights problems facing entire sugar industry
In debt to the tune of A$25m, the Queensland-based South Johnstone sugar mill has been placed into receivership this month. Many problems have confronted the entire sugar industry over recent years. The impact of several wet seasons has hit hard and global prices for the commodity has plummeted. Many growers have questioned why the industry-wide problems should have such a dramatic effect on South Johnstone, but the ill-equipped management has also been blamed for the receivership order.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- General Mills issues profit warning