USA: Southern California grocery workers ratify new contract
US supermarket chain Ralphs, a division of Kroger, has announced that it has been notified by the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) union that a new labour contract covering 70,000 supermarket associates in Southern California has been ratified by union members, ending a 141-day work stoppage.
Ralphs said that the new three-year agreement covers more than 19,000 Ralphs workers in 300 stores in Southern California and that it plans to recall its workers this week.
"Under the new agreement, Ralphs associates will continue to receive very competitive wages and benefits. The agreement also allows Ralphs to manage its overall costs by addressing soaring health care costs and competitive issues the company faces," Ralphs said.
US supermarket chain Albertsons has reported a slight rise in net earnings for the second quarter to 4 August and said it was still "aggressively" running the company despite last week's announcement ...
Grocery retailer Albertsons has announced that its board of directors is exploring strategic alternatives to increase shareholder value, including a possible sale of the company....
UK grocery retailer Wm Morrison Supermarkets has announced that it has agreed to sell nine Safeway stores to rival Sainsbury's....
US grocery retailer Kroger has announced that it has entered into a multi-year agreement with InStore Broadcasting Network (IBN) to provide a television network for customers in more than 2,500 Kroger...
Supermarket chain Safeway has reported net income of $134.0m for the second quarter ended 18 June 2005 compared to $155.2m for the second quarter of the previous year....
Supermarket company Kroger has today reported net earnings of $294.3m for the first quarter ended 21 May 2005. Net earnings in the year-ago period were $262.8m....
Supermarket chain Safeway has reported net income of $131.3mfor the first quarter ended 26 March 2005 compared to $43.1m for the first quarter of 2004....
US natural and organic foods retailer Wild Oats Markets has announced that Robert Dimond has been named senior vice president and chief financial officer, effective 28 April....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review