Sovereign to buy poultry plant from Quantum
Quantum will supply poultry to plant
South Africa's Sovereign Food Investments is to acquire the Tydstroom Abattoir from local company Quantum Foods.
Sovereign will be acquiring the fixed assets and property associated with the abattoir but not any working capital, liabilities, brands or other intangible assets, it said. The deal is worth ZAR120,000 (US$10,000).
As part of the agreement Sovereign will sign a long-term broiler supply agreement with Quantum for the supply of broiler birds to the abattoir.
The abattoir supplies fresh and frozen poultry products to the retail and foodservice sector under brands including Tydstroom brand.
Companies: Sovereign Food Investments
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target