USA: Soy added to American Heart Association recommended food list
Long considered a staple in the diets of the health conscious, soy has been added to the recommended list of foods by the American Heart Association. Soy products such as tofu and soy beverages are most commonly packaged in aseptic cartons, according to the Aseptic Packaging Council. With this packaging, soy products can be stored, unrefrigerated, for up to six months, thanks to the revolutionary aseptic processing and packaging system -- the same technology used to fill kids' drink boxes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti