USA: Soy added to American Heart Association recommended food list
Long considered a staple in the diets of the health conscious, soy has been added to the recommended list of foods by the American Heart Association. Soy products such as tofu and soy beverages are most commonly packaged in aseptic cartons, according to the Aseptic Packaging Council. With this packaging, soy products can be stored, unrefrigerated, for up to six months, thanks to the revolutionary aseptic processing and packaging system -- the same technology used to fill kids' drink boxes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action