UK: Soya proteins on the up
Burgeoning consumer awareness of the health benefits of soya is boosting sales of the full range of soya products, reports ADM. A United Soybean Board survey this year revealed that 75% of Americans believe that soya is healthy, up from 59% in 1996. Soya proteins from ADM, the world's only full-line soyabean processor, are now being used by some of the biggest names in the food industry. Companies including Frito Lay, Kelloggs and Martha Gooch are capitalising on increasing consumer demand, particularly since the FDA's landmark approval of health claims purporting to soya,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance