UK: Soya proteins on the up
Burgeoning consumer awareness of the health benefits of soya is boosting sales of the full range of soya products, reports ADM. A United Soybean Board survey this year revealed that 75% of Americans believe that soya is healthy, up from 59% in 1996. Soya proteins from ADM, the world's only full-line soyabean processor, are now being used by some of the biggest names in the food industry. Companies including Frito Lay, Kelloggs and Martha Gooch are capitalising on increasing consumer demand, particularly since the FDA's landmark approval of health claims purporting to soya,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant