UK: Space technology used to create toasted sandwiches
A UK company has developed envelope-sized wallets which will turn any sandwich into a toasted sandwich using just a standard toaster. Toastabags, the brain-child of company founder Guy Unwin, are designed using the same Teflon-coated material that rocket scientists use in the NASA space programme. "Outer space is all about extreme temperatures, so it made sense to adapt the technology for Toastabags," Unwin said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO