UK: Spam celebrated by UK aficionados
This week is National Spam Week in the UK, and Spam lovers are being encouraged to pay homage to the spiced, processed ham utilised by thousands of school canteens and immortalised by a Monty Python sketch. J.C. Hormel started producing Spam in Austin, Minnesota in 1937 when he decided to apply beer canning technology to can the meat.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery