USA: Spangler Candy Co recalls 68 workers on new orders for candy-canes
Bryan, Ohio-based Spangler Candy Co is recalling 68 workers made redundant earlier this year, after it received new business for its candy-canes when production halted at two other major US producers; the American Candy Co and Bobs Candies. Spangler, which also manufactures the Dum Dum lollipops, was forced to make seasonal layoffs in January this year for the first time since 1996, citing a slowing economy, the loss of a major contract and the financial instability of a few major customers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry