USA: Spangler Candy Co recalls 68 workers on new orders for candy-canes
Bryan, Ohio-based Spangler Candy Co is recalling 68 workers made redundant earlier this year, after it received new business for its candy-canes when production halted at two other major US producers; the American Candy Co and Bobs Candies. Spangler, which also manufactures the Dum Dum lollipops, was forced to make seasonal layoffs in January this year for the first time since 1996, citing a slowing economy, the loss of a major contract and the financial instability of a few major customers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO