SPAIN: Spanish food firms link up for expansion in Eastern Europe - report
Several leading Spanish food companies, including Campofrio and SOS Cuetara are reported to be planning to expand operations in Eastern Europe via a joint venture.
The companies set up a joint Internet platform called Calidalia a few years ago to centralise purchasing, reported AFX News, citing local media.
According to a report in Expansion, Calidalia's managing director, Antonio Garcia de Blas, said the food companies have set up a company in the Estonian capital, Tallinn, as a means of expanding in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill