UK: Spanish olive - pomace oil products to be recalled
On Tuesday (17 July) the FSA issued new advice to industry on food products that may contain potentially contaminated olive-pomace oil from Spain. This follows earlier action by the Food Standards Agency to withdraw Spanish olive-pomace oil from the UK market on 6 July. The Spanish government banned this oil after finding high levels of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). PAHs are widespread environmental pollutants that include chemicals that could cause cancer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth