UK: Spanish olive - pomace oil products to be recalled
On Tuesday (17 July) the FSA issued new advice to industry on food products that may contain potentially contaminated olive-pomace oil from Spain. This follows earlier action by the Food Standards Agency to withdraw Spanish olive-pomace oil from the UK market on 6 July. The Spanish government banned this oil after finding high levels of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). PAHs are widespread environmental pollutants that include chemicals that could cause cancer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund