AUSTRIA/GERMANY/HUNGARY: Spar acquires 13 Billa stores in Hungary
Austrian retailer Spar has announced that it has been given permission by Hungary's competition board for its local unit to buy 13 Billa stores from Germany's second-largest food retailer, Rewe. Although a sales contract had been signed on 10 September the deal had been subject to approval from the competition authority.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- US targets increased organic production