FINLAND: Spar Finland reports lower nine-month sales
Finnish grocery retailer Spar Finland has reported net sales of €423.1m (US$494.3m) for the first nine months of the year, compared to €456.2m a year earlier.
The company's January-September operating profit was also down at €3.5m compared to €5.7m a year earlier. Net profit fell to €2.3m from €3.8m in the year-ago period.
The company said that at the end of the third quarter Spar Finland operated 11 Eurospar stores and 280 Spar stores, compared to a total of over 300 stores at the end of the third quarter 2002.
The company expects full-year operating profit to be between €4.6m and €5.1m, reported Dow Jones International News.
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review