HUNGARY: Spar Hungary to open ten new stores this year
Spar Hungary, a subsidiary of retailer Austria Spar International, has reportedly targeted turnover of 140bn forints (US$631.8m) for 2003. For 2002, Spar Hungary reported turnover of 115.3bn forints, a 9.3% increase compared to 2001. The retailer plans to open ten supermarkets in Hungary this year, investing a total of 6-8bn forints. In 2004, the company plans to open three Interspar hypermarkets, reported Interfax.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project