AUSTRIA/HUNGARY: Spar says 2002 global sales rose 5.6%
Austrian unlisted supermarket chain Spar has said that its 2002 global sales rose 5.6% to €26.6bn (US$31.1m), adding that it expects similar growth in 2003. Spar, which is holding its annual international congress in Budapest this week, said it planned continued expansion, with new stores in Singapore and Brazil, and is also exploring the potential opening of stores in Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival