UK: Spar seals GBP150m deal with Bourne Leisure
Spar International's UK arm has announced a five-year contract with Bourne Leisure Group, the UK owner of Haven Holiday Parks, Butlins and Warner Hotels.
The GBP150m contract will see 42 Spar stores at all 36 Haven Holiday Parks across England, Scotland and Wales and the three Butlins Family Entertainment Resorts in Bognor Regis, Skegness and Minehead.
Five Spar retail distribution companies will service the stores: CJ Lang & Son, James Hall & Co, AF Blakemore & Son, Capper & Co and Appleby Westward Group, who will provide the delivery of ambient/grocery, chilled, frozen, meat, fresh produce, alcohol and tobacco products.
Mark Harper, operations director at Bourne Leisure, said: "We are delighted to be entering into a partnership with Spar, a retailer that shares our values of providing the highest standards of customer service and care.
"Furthermore, the Spar branding in our stores will help reinforce the retail proposition we are offering," he concluded.
Richard Bennett, Spar retail director, said the deal was excellent news for the company's development.
"This five-year contract with Bourne Leisure Group is allowing us to expand our portfolio of Spar convenience stores across the country. The combination of these two strong brands will result in a first-rate convenience store, providing exactly what Butlins and Haven visitors need, where they need it.
"We are very much looking forward to working with the group and bringing all the benefits of the Spar brand to these sites," he said.
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report