RUSSIA: Spar to open 13 new stores in Moscow by end of 2003
Marta Holding, the Russian franchise of German retailer Spar Handels-AG, has announced its plans to invest US$50m in the opening of 13 new Spar stores in Moscow next year. Marta, which already operates four Spar stores in Moscow, expects that the new stores will increase sales from a projected $30m in 2002 to $100m in 2003, reported Dow Jones International.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations