UK: Spar trials voucher scheme
The stores included in the trial include all Blakemore Retail-owned stores and 40 independent stores
Convenience retailer Spar International is to begin trialling a voucher scheme across 400 of its UK stores.
The scheme, announced today (2 January), will give customers who visit the stores a GBP2 (US$3.26) voucher off a GBP10 spend and GBP5 off a GBP20 spend. The coupons are redeemable between certain dates with exclusions applying.
The stores included in the trial include all Blakemore Retail-owned stores and 40 independent stores. Blakemore Trade Partners acts as a wholesaler for Spar International in the UK.
"We're hoping the vouchers will encourage customers to return to our stores and increase their basket spend to take advantage of the deals," said Blakemore managing director Richard Harman.
Dubai-based retail and hospitality group Majid Al Futtaim is looking to buy a stake in Middle East grocer Spinneys....
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- How Nestle, R&R stand to benefit from ice cream JV
- Hain Celestial eyes disposals, forms venture unit
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Dole faces DoJ probe over listeria outbreak
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Amplify Snack Brands acquires Boundless Nutrition