UK: Spar trials voucher scheme
The stores included in the trial include all Blakemore Retail-owned stores and 40 independent stores
Convenience retailer Spar International is to begin trialling a voucher scheme across 400 of its UK stores.
The scheme, announced today (2 January), will give customers who visit the stores a GBP2 (US$3.26) voucher off a GBP10 spend and GBP5 off a GBP20 spend. The coupons are redeemable between certain dates with exclusions applying.
The stores included in the trial include all Blakemore Retail-owned stores and 40 independent stores. Blakemore Trade Partners acts as a wholesaler for Spar International in the UK.
"We're hoping the vouchers will encourage customers to return to our stores and increase their basket spend to take advantage of the deals," said Blakemore managing director Richard Harman.
Dubai-based retail and hospitality group Majid Al Futtaim is looking to buy a stake in Middle East grocer Spinneys....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights