USA: Sparta Foods Announces Special Meeting of Shareholders
Sparta Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPFO), today announced that it will hold a special meeting of shareholders on June 1, 2000, to vote on the previously announced merger of Sparta with Cenex Harvest States Cooperatives. A definitive agreement was announced by the Company on Dec. 31, 1999, whereby Cenex Harvest States would acquire Sparta Foods by merger, and Sparta shareholders would receive consideration of $1.41 per share in cash.A. Merrill Ayers, senior vice president and chief financial officer, said, "We are now seeking the approval of our shareholders to finalize this transaction. A definitive proxy statement has been filed with the SEC and is being mailed to all shareholders of record as of April 24, 2000."Sparta Foods, Inc., located in New Brighton, Minn., and Phoenix, Ariz., is a regional market leader in the production and distribution of tortillas and value-added tortilla products to the retail and foodservice industries. The Company's product lines include tortillas, tortilla chips and other snack products, and picante and other salsas. Sparta Foods distributes its food products to retail grocery chains and general merchandise retailers throughout the Midwest and Southwest U.S. principally under the Arizona Brand®, Cruz®, La Campana Paradiso®, La Canasta®, and Spanish Bell® labels. Foodservice customers include Perkins Family Restaurants, Friendly's Restaurants and other nationally-known restaurants and distributors. For more information about Sparta Foods, please visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review