USA: Sparta Foods Becomes Part of Cenex Harvest States
Sparta Foods, Inc., announced today that its shareholders approved the transaction in which Sparta Foods becomes part of Cenex Harvest States Cooperatives. A special shareholders meeting was held today to vote on the transaction and the transaction was concluded.Joel Bachul, president and chief executive officer of Sparta Foods, said, "We are pleased that our shareholders have approved this transaction, and look forward to being a part of the Cenex Harvest States organization."Terms of the merger provide for the cash payment to Sparta Foods' shareholders of $1.41 per common share. Sparta had approximately 10.3 million shares of common stock outstanding at the time of the merger.Jim Tibbetts, executive vice president for Cenex Harvest States' Consumer Products Group, said, "We're excited to bring Sparta fully into our cooperative system and to begin to make the most of its people, products and processes in fulfilling our mission to link agricultural producers closer to consumers. Cenex Harvest States is committed to aggressively grow and expand our tortilla, tortilla chip and specialty product businesses."Sparta Foods, Inc., located in New Brighton, Minn., and Phoenix, Ariz., is a regional market leader in the production and distribution of tortillas and value-added tortilla products to the retail and foodservice industries. The Company's product lines include tortillas, tortilla chips and other snack products, and picante and other salsas. Sparta Foods distributes its food products to retail grocery chains and general merchandise retailers throughout the Midwest and Southwest U.S. principally under the Arizona Brand®, Cruz®, La Campana Paradiso®, La Canasta® and Spanish Bell® labels. Foodservice customers include Perkins Family Restaurants and other nationally known restaurants and distributors.Cenex Harvest States Cooperatives (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report