US: Spartan, Martin's widen supply deal
US grocery distributor Spartan Stores has widened its contract with Martin's Super Markets, an independent retailer based in Indiana.
Spartan said yesterday (25 April) that it will now supply goods including dry groceries, dairy and frozen products to Martin's stores in Indiana and Michigan.
The new deal builds on a relationship between the two companies that sees Spartan supply health and beauty care products, general merchandise, and pharmacy products to Martin's.
Spartan's CEO Craig Sturken said the agreement is one of the company's largest partnerships. He added: "We are extremely pleased to be expanding our distribution business with an excellent independent retail grocery operator."
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund