USA: Spartan Stores, Inc. to Merge With Seaway Food Town, Inc. and Apply for Listing On Nasdaq National Market
Grand Rapids-based Spartan Stores, Inc. and Toledo-based Seaway Food Town, Inc. (Nasdaq:SEWY) today announced that the companies have reached a definitive agreement to merge. According to Jim Meyer, Spartan Stores' President and Chief Executive Officer, the merger is a major step forward in expanding retail operations, a key strategy for Spartan Stores' long-term profitable growth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"