USA: Spartan Stores posts wider Q4 loss
US grocery chain Spartan Stores has posted a wider loss for its fiscal fourth quarter as it struggled to cut costs and boost sales. Spartan, which operates stores under banners including Ashcraft's Markets and Glen's Markets, reported a net loss for the quarter to 29 March of US$20.9m, compared to a net loss of $5.0m a year earlier.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Post Holdings 'secures Weetabix' in US$1.76bn deal