USA: Spartan Stores sees Q4 net sales drop 11.7%, to focus on growth in 2003
Grand Rapids, Michigan-based Spartan Stores grocery chain has reported financial results for the Q4 and FY 2002, ended 30 March 2002. Consolidated net sales for the Q4 decreased 11.7% to US$764.8m, year on year. Excluding the effect of an early Easter holiday this year and the 53rd week of sales in last year's Q4, consolidated net sales would have been US$756.3m this year compared with US$800.6m last year, a decline of 5.5%. Adjusting for the early holiday and the extra week of sales in fiscal 2001's Q4, retail comparable-stores sales declined 6.6% for the quarter. Sales were affected by the competitive market conditions in the company's Ohio region, continuing difficult economic conditions in its Michigan markets, and unfavourably mild winter weather in its northern Michigan resort areas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes