AUSTRALIA: SPC seeking international acquisitions, posts strong net profits
Fruit canner and marketer SPC Ltd hopes to hike the percentage of overall revenues generated overseas from 30% to 50% within the next three years. The announcement came as the group unveiled a 10.9% increase in net profits to A$9.52m for the last financial year. The company is looking to increase its presence across all five of its core business areas, namely national branded sales, contract manufacturing, food service, international sales and Pak Technology, and acquisitions are likely to come both in Australia and abroad. No serious talks have yet taken place, although chairman Chris Riordan said earlier this month that preliminary discussions were already underway with four companies in the Austrialian food sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review