AUSTRALIA: SPC seeking international acquisitions, posts strong net profits
Fruit canner and marketer SPC Ltd hopes to hike the percentage of overall revenues generated overseas from 30% to 50% within the next three years. The announcement came as the group unveiled a 10.9% increase in net profits to A$9.52m for the last financial year. The company is looking to increase its presence across all five of its core business areas, namely national branded sales, contract manufacturing, food service, international sales and Pak Technology, and acquisitions are likely to come both in Australia and abroad. No serious talks have yet taken place, although chairman Chris Riordan said earlier this month that preliminary discussions were already underway with four companies in the Austrialian food sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020