AUSTRALIA: SPC seeking international acquisitions, posts strong net profits
Fruit canner and marketer SPC Ltd hopes to hike the percentage of overall revenues generated overseas from 30% to 50% within the next three years. The announcement came as the group unveiled a 10.9% increase in net profits to A$9.52m for the last financial year. The company is looking to increase its presence across all five of its core business areas, namely national branded sales, contract manufacturing, food service, international sales and Pak Technology, and acquisitions are likely to come both in Australia and abroad. No serious talks have yet taken place, although chairman Chris Riordan said earlier this month that preliminary discussions were already underway with four companies in the Austrialian food sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action