AUSTRALIA: SPC seeking international acquisitions, posts strong net profits
Fruit canner and marketer SPC Ltd hopes to hike the percentage of overall revenues generated overseas from 30% to 50% within the next three years. The announcement came as the group unveiled a 10.9% increase in net profits to A$9.52m for the last financial year. The company is looking to increase its presence across all five of its core business areas, namely national branded sales, contract manufacturing, food service, international sales and Pak Technology, and acquisitions are likely to come both in Australia and abroad. No serious talks have yet taken place, although chairman Chris Riordan said earlier this month that preliminary discussions were already underway with four companies in the Austrialian food sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth