US: Specialty Brands to be next acquisition for B&G Foods
B&G said Bear Creek Country Kitchens owner Specialty Brands of America would immediately boost earnings
US food group B&G Foods is to make another acquisition after striking a deal to buy margarine-to-soup manufacturer Specialty Brands of America from private-equity firm American Capital.
B&G said it would pay around US$155m for the business, which has brands including Bear Creek Country Kitchens soup, Canoleo margarine and Spring Tree maple syrup.
"These brands complement very well our existing portfolio of brands and we believe that B&G Foods will be able to enhance the growth prospects of these brands. In addition, consistent with our acquisition strategy, we expect the acquisition to be immediately accretive to our earnings per share and free cash flow," B&G president and CEO David Wenner said.
B&G forecast Specialty Brands will generate net sales of around $85m and adjusted EBITDA of approximately $20m on an annualised basis following the acquisition.
The company expects the acquisition to close "during the second or third quarter of 2014", subject to regulatory approval.
Companies: B&G Foods
US pork products processor Daily's Premium Meats is to build a plant in Missouri, its third production facility. ...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review