US: Specialty Brands to be next acquisition for B&G Foods
B&G said Bear Creek Country Kitchens owner Specialty Brands of America would immediately boost earnings
US food group B&G Foods is to make another acquisition after striking a deal to buy margarine-to-soup manufacturer Specialty Brands of America from private-equity firm American Capital.
B&G said it would pay around US$155m for the business, which has brands including Bear Creek Country Kitchens soup, Canoleo margarine and Spring Tree maple syrup.
"These brands complement very well our existing portfolio of brands and we believe that B&G Foods will be able to enhance the growth prospects of these brands. In addition, consistent with our acquisition strategy, we expect the acquisition to be immediately accretive to our earnings per share and free cash flow," B&G president and CEO David Wenner said.
B&G forecast Specialty Brands will generate net sales of around $85m and adjusted EBITDA of approximately $20m on an annualised basis following the acquisition.
The company expects the acquisition to close "during the second or third quarter of 2014", subject to regulatory approval.
Companies: B&G Foods
US pork products processor Daily's Premium Meats is to build a plant in Missouri, its third production facility. ...
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report