US: Specialty Brands to be next acquisition for B&G Foods
B&G said Bear Creek Country Kitchens owner Specialty Brands of America would immediately boost earnings
US food group B&G Foods is to make another acquisition after striking a deal to buy margarine-to-soup manufacturer Specialty Brands of America from private-equity firm American Capital.
B&G said it would pay around US$155m for the business, which has brands including Bear Creek Country Kitchens soup, Canoleo margarine and Spring Tree maple syrup.
"These brands complement very well our existing portfolio of brands and we believe that B&G Foods will be able to enhance the growth prospects of these brands. In addition, consistent with our acquisition strategy, we expect the acquisition to be immediately accretive to our earnings per share and free cash flow," B&G president and CEO David Wenner said.
B&G forecast Specialty Brands will generate net sales of around $85m and adjusted EBITDA of approximately $20m on an annualised basis following the acquisition.
The company expects the acquisition to close "during the second or third quarter of 2014", subject to regulatory approval.
Companies: B&G Foods
Canadean's "S&B Foods Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a com...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Synopsis Canadean's "Lifeway Foods, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile...
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- FMCG sales slowing despite economic green shoots
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Jobs set to go at 2 Sisters plants
- UK group Symington's eyes Australia growth