USA: Specialty tea industry sees growth with demand from aging US consumers
Increasingly demand for high-end specialty teas is pointing to a bright future for the US industry, according to a new report The fourth edition of the 'US Tea Is Hot' report notes there is currently a worldwide glut of lower grade commercial tea, yet tea producers worldwide are hoping to boost revenues by targeting a growing US appetite for exotic, specialty teas. At the forefront are green, white, flavoured and fortified "functional" tea products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin