USA: Specialty tea industry sees growth with demand from aging US consumers
Increasingly demand for high-end specialty teas is pointing to a bright future for the US industry, according to a new report The fourth edition of the 'US Tea Is Hot' report notes there is currently a worldwide glut of lower grade commercial tea, yet tea producers worldwide are hoping to boost revenues by targeting a growing US appetite for exotic, specialty teas. At the forefront are green, white, flavoured and fortified "functional" tea products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant