AUSTRALIA: Speculation fever as Aldi entrance imminent into Australian grocery sector
German discount retailer Aldi is attracting consummate amounts of local media speculation on its imminent arrival in Australia. Due to open its first outlet in Nowra at the end of this week, the opening dates for Wallsend and Cessnock stores are still under embargo and interest has been further sparked by the news that staff have been sent on expensive training courses in the UK and Germany.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund