AUSTRALIA: Speculation fever as Aldi entrance imminent into Australian grocery sector
German discount retailer Aldi is attracting consummate amounts of local media speculation on its imminent arrival in Australia. Due to open its first outlet in Nowra at the end of this week, the opening dates for Wallsend and Cessnock stores are still under embargo and interest has been further sparked by the news that staff have been sent on expensive training courses in the UK and Germany.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs