AUSTRALIA: Speculation fever as Aldi entrance imminent into Australian grocery sector
German discount retailer Aldi is attracting consummate amounts of local media speculation on its imminent arrival in Australia. Due to open its first outlet in Nowra at the end of this week, the opening dates for Wallsend and Cessnock stores are still under embargo and interest has been further sparked by the news that staff have been sent on expensive training courses in the UK and Germany.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant