AUSTRALIA: Speculation mounts over Goodman Fielder strategic review
Goodman Fielder is expected to report this week weaker first half profits as speculation grows about its planned strategic review of its business operations. Reports suggest that Australia's biggest food firm will launch a takeover bid for Snack Foods Ltd , hold a 10% share buyback or go private through a leveraged A$2.3bn buyout led by chief executive David Hearn. The company said last week that it remains in 'active discussions' on matters including its shape, strategy, and financial and capital structure.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin