AUSTRALIA: Speculation mounts over Goodman Fielder strategic review
Goodman Fielder is expected to report this week weaker first half profits as speculation grows about its planned strategic review of its business operations. Reports suggest that Australia's biggest food firm will launch a takeover bid for Snack Foods Ltd , hold a 10% share buyback or go private through a leveraged A$2.3bn buyout led by chief executive David Hearn. The company said last week that it remains in 'active discussions' on matters including its shape, strategy, and financial and capital structure.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast