CHINA: Speculation on the future of Danone/Shanghai Dairy yoghurt JV
Speculation has abounded since Monday (16 October) when an executive from the French dairy, water and biscuits company arrived to discuss the possibility of stock transfer to the Chinese partner. And this despite the fact that in mid-September, Danone's chairman Franck Riboud told a magazine that the company saw China as a top priority.
Danone controls seven other units in China, one of which also produces yoghurt, but this cannot beat "Bright," the own brand yoghurt of Shanghai Dairy, which commands a larger market share. The joint venture has been operating for eight years to build on an investment of US$4.4m.
French food company Groupe Danone, the subject of takeover speculation, has reported a rise in sales in the first half of 2005 to €6.437bn (US$7.8bn), compared with 6.257bn a year ago....
The French government is concerned by the possibility of a hostile takeover of dairy company Danone, and would defend French interests in that regard, said prime minister Dominique de Villepin, accord...
Dairy food group Danone has appointed group secretary general Philippe-Loïc Jacob and vice-president R&D Sven Thormahlen to the Groupe Danone executive committee, in a move designed to ensure that all...
French food group Danone said on Monday that it planned to sell its Amoy sauce business in Asia, an asset that wasn't part of the sale of its sauce business to H J Heinz, according to the Dow Jones ne...
Convenience store group Spar has withdrawn two of its own-brand frozen meals because of contamination with the illegal dye Sudan 1, according to the Food Standards Agency....
Food experts are discussing plans to test a range of spices imported into the UK for illegal dyes, according to the BBC....
France's Groupe Danone and Japan's Yakult Honsha have today (Tuesday) announced plans for a joint venture in India....
France's Groupe Danone has announced a new management structure for the Asia-Pacific region....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review