NETHERLANDS: Sperwer posts rise in H1 pre-tax profit
Dutch supermarket group Sperwer has posted pre-tax profit of €14.1m (US$15.2m) for the first half of 2003, compared to €10.2m a year earlier. The company said turnover was €527.4m for the six-month period, compared to €418.8m in the year-ago period, reported the Dutch News Digest. The company said the increase in turnover was partly due to its takeover of Dutch supermarket chain Spar and 70 Laurus supermarkets in 2002.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast