NETHERLANDS: Sperwer posts rise in H1 pre-tax profit
Dutch supermarket group Sperwer has posted pre-tax profit of €14.1m (US$15.2m) for the first half of 2003, compared to €10.2m a year earlier. The company said turnover was €527.4m for the six-month period, compared to €418.8m in the year-ago period, reported the Dutch News Digest. The company said the increase in turnover was partly due to its takeover of Dutch supermarket chain Spar and 70 Laurus supermarkets in 2002.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods