INDIA/USA: Spicy popcorn of Indian inventors gets US patent
Chilli, pepper, garlic and turmeric figure in US patent 6207205 issued late March to three Patel residents of the US and India. Patel, meaning village-chief, is the ruling Class in Indian State Gujarat. Their invention, "Spicy popcorn with natural ingredients" is vulnerable to legal challenge as a mere combination of known concepts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units